The Russian Institute for Strategic Studies (RISS) is a major analytical centre established by the President of the Russian Federation.
The main task of RISS is to provide information support to the Administration of the President of the Russian Federation, the Federation Council, the State Duma and the Security Council as well as to Government offices, ministries and departments. RISS provides expert appraisals and recommendations and prepares analytical materials for those bodies.
- deals with issues of national security, studying the relationships between Russia and other countries;
- analyses and predicts trends in political and socio-economic processes at global and regional levels;
- examines ways of maintaining strategic stability in new geopolitical conditions and evaluates strategic risk factors;
- considers ways to resolve crises that threaten global and regional stability, paying particular attention to the fight against terrorism;
- resists the falsification of history in the post-Soviet space.