Biography: Aleksey Ozerov was born on July 28, 1962. He graduated from Rostov State University (history faculty) in 1984. He started to work as a laboratory assistant at RD RSU (Research Department of Rostov State University). From 2007 to 2009 worked as Deputy Director of the Executive Directorate of the program of development of SFedU. From 2009 to 2012 worked as pro-rector of SFedU.
He is the author of more than 70 science works and articles, including 21 monograms (2 as author, 19 as co-author).
– Honorary Badge of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences "For merits in development of science and economy" (1997)
– Jubilee medal "300 Years of the Russian Navy"
– Jubilee medal "200 Years of the Ministry of Defense"
– Jubilee medal "100 years since the birth of M. A. Sholokhov"
Public activity: One of the organizers and ideologists of the Cossack revival in Russia and the Don. Member of the Union of Journalists of Russia.
Hobbies: fishing, hunting, archaeological expedition.
Research interests: social and political institutions of civil society.
- Cossack Don: five centuries of military glory. – Moscow: Yauza: Eksmo, 2010. 26 p. L.
- Adaptation of the peoples of the South of Russia to social transformations: research methodology. – Rostov-on-Don: publishing house SKNTs VSh YuFU (North-Caucasian scientific Centre of higher school at Southern Federal University), 2009.
- Russia's national security: the basics of methodology and legislation. – M.: AIPNB (Academy of Learning Problemof national Security), 2009. 7,5 p. l
- Normative-legal ensuring of regional security / edited by A. Ozerov. – Rostov-on-Don: Publishing house APSN SKNTs VSh YFU (North-Caucasian scientific Centre of higher school at Southern Federal University), 2009. 13 p. L.