Biography: Dmitry Popov was born on July 6, 1983 in Starominskaya village of Krasnodar region. In 2000 he entered Institute of the prosecutor's office of Ural State Law University, from which he graduated in 2005. In the same year he graduated from the Faculty of additional education of Urals State Law University in “English in the field of professional communication”. In April 2009 he defended his dissertation on “International Law” at Kazan State University. Since 2009 he has been working at RISS.
Subject of dissertation: International legal aspects of membership of states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization
Areas of expertise: internal political and socio-economic processes in the Central Asian Republics; the foreign policy of countries of the region and their relationship with the United States, China and other powers, as well as with international organizations in the context of Russia's national interests.
- Popov. The problem of the definition of "region" of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization // the Russian legal journal. 2008. № 5
- Popov. About the criteria for membership of states in NATO (in the context of a possible accession of Ukraine and Georgia to the organization) // the Russian legal journal. 2009. № 2
- Popov. Organizational, legal and institutional issues of development of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization // Russian law. 2009. № 3
- Popov. About joining the SCO of neutral Turkmenistan // Legal Reform in Russia: materials of the all-Russian annual scientific conference (Ekaterinburg, November 14, 2008)
- Popov. International legal aspects of membership of states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization: dissertation abstract of Candidate of Legal Sciences Kazan, 2009. 27 p.
- About the problem of enlargement of the SCO: analytical review / D. Popov. M: RISS, 2010
- Popov. The state of the external debt of the Republic of Tajikistan // Russian vector. Information-analytical bulletin. M.: RISI, 2011. № 2 (41). 3 p.
- Popov. Tajikistan in the context of foreign economic policies of large countries // Problems of National Strategy. M.: 2011. № 3 (8). p. 40 – 60
- Popov. “Rasht conflict” and political stability in Tajikistan // Military Diplomat. M.: 2011. № 5 - 6. p. 111 – 116
- CIS and Baltic countries in the global China policy. Reports of RISS / Authors: T. Guzenkova (chief), A. Vinogradov (chief), D. Aleksandrov, Y. Amelina, E. Bakhrevsky, I. Ippolitov, V. Kashirin, A. Kucherenkov, D. Popov, A. Sytin, S. Tikhonova // National Strategy Issues. M.: 2012. № 1 (10). p. 7 – 56
- Prospects for deepening of integration processes in the post-Soviet space: analytical review / Authors: T. Guzenkova (chief), D. Aleksandrov, Y. Amelina, E. Bakhrevsky, I. Ippolitov, V. Kashirin, A. Kucherenkov, D. Popov, A. Sytin, S. Tikhonova: Ed. P. Grebennikov. M.: RISS, 2012. № 2 (32). p. 12 – 24 (44)
- Popov. “Rasht conflict” and political stability in Tajikistan // Military Diplomat M.: 2012. № 1 - 2. p. 94 – 101
- Popov. Regional integration as a strategy of Russia for Central Asia // Geopolitics. M.: 2012. Issue XIV. p. 51 - 64 (105 p.)
- Popov. Kazakhstan - China's gateway to Central Asia // Geopolitics. M.: 2012. Issue XVI. p. 9 - 28 (96 p.)
- Popov. Big game: Now Online // National Defense. M.: 2012. № 6
- Popov. No grand gestures. Russia has not written off debts of Tajikistan, but will help him to fight with drugs // Odnako. 16 October 2012. № 29 (138)
- China in the post-Soviet space: collection of reports / Ed.: K. Kokarev, T. Guzenkova, E. Suponina; RISS - M.: RISs, 2012. - 118 p. / D. Popov. Sino-Tajik relations: problems and prospects. p. 103 - 110
- Popov. Kyrgyzstan in Central Asia policy of the USA // National Strategy Issues. M.: 2013. № 2 (17). p. 35 – 59
- Aleksandrov, I. Ippolitov, D. Popov. “Soft power” as an instrument of the US policy in Central Asia / Central Asia: Problems and Prospects (A View from Russia and China): collection of articles / Ed.: Doctor of Historical Sciences K. Kokarev, D. Aleksandrov, I. Frolova; RISS; Chinese Academy of Contemporary International Relations. - M.: RISS, 2013 p. 8 - 77
- The transition period for Russia's accession to WTO: a chance for the national economy: collection of reports / Ed.: I. Prokofev; RISS - M., 2013. - 236 p. / D. Popov. The consequences of Tajikistan's accession to WTO and the prospects for its participation in the Customs Union. p. 118 – 120
- Popov. The participation of countries of Central Asia in the supply of the US forces in Afghanistan // National Strategy Issues. M.: 2014. № 1 (22). p. 62 – 80
- Islam and Muslims of Ural Federal Region: the risks and factors constituting threat (analytical report) / D. Popov, A. Starostin. - Ekaterinburg, RISS. 2014 - 88 p.
- Popov. About reaction of Tajikistan to events in Ukraine: made adjustments to the work of the foreign diplomatic corps. Russian vector. 2014. №29. p. 9 – 11
- Popov, A. Starostin. Radical Islamism in the Urals. // Geopolitics. Information-analytical publication. Edition XXV. 2014. p. 51– 54
- Popov. Location of Uzbekistan in Central Asia policy of the USA // National Strategy Issues. M.: 2015. № 1 (28). p. 74 – 90