The round table was attended by:
- member of the State Duma Committee on Ecology A. Fokin;
- Minister of Natural Resources and Ecology of Sverdlovsk region A. Kuznetsov;
- Deputy RISS Director, Head of Centre for Economic Research I. Prokofyev;
- Deputy Head of Centre for Economic Research S. Karataev;
- Head of Sector of Bioeconomy and Sustainable Development D. Lyzhin;
- senior research worker of Sector of Global Markets Environment I. Prokopenkova.
The round table participants noted that the strategic goal of Russia’s environmental policy within the framework of the implementation of the “green economy” concept should be the solution of socio-economic problems, providing ecologically oriented economic growth, preservation of the natural environment for the present and future generations. RISS experts presented the conceptual basis of the “green economy” and key trends in the development of global farming in the context of sustainable “green strategies”. Special attention was focused on the implementation of “green economy” in agriculture and aerospace industry and the development prospects for “green investments”.
Member of the State Duma Committee on Ecology A. Fokin spoke about legislative initiatives to promote “green economy” in our country and Minister of Natural Resources and Ecology of Sverdlovsk region A. Kuznetsov shared his experience of implementing “green economy” policy.